- We stay together.
- Teachers and adults open the doors of our classroom and the school.
- We care for our things. (As teachers introduce new materials, we observe and practice how to care for them.)
- We clean up after ourselves.
- We take responsibility for our personal belongings.
Relationships with others
- We show respect for other people’s space. We say, “Con permiso.” (Excuse me.) when we need to get by.
- We listen with our eyes, our ears and our bodies.
- We use kind words to express ourselves. We say “Por favor” and “Gracias.”
- When small problems occur we use Kelso’s choices.
- We learn to communicate our needs and wants with words.
- We listen to our body when it is telling us something (thirsty, tired, need the bathroom, etc.)
- We wash hands before eating and after using the bathroom.